Saint Elizabeth was the first hospital in the nation to receive two Gold Seals of Approval™, a mark of quality for our services by The Joint Commission for our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and High-Risk Obstetrics. The Joint Commission is the leader in developing the highest standards in the deliveryof healthcare and evaluating organization performance based on those standards.
What if your doctor orders bed rest?
- During pregnancy, some women need nursing care and additional support in their homes. Others require bed rest and activity restriction. In many cases, a mother-to-be can be cared for at home under the direction of her provider.
- We provide certified, expert home care services, offering highly-skilled care such as monitoring your baby’s heart rate and your contractions, watching for extreme nausea, preterm labor, and high blood pressure.
- A Maternal-Fetal-Medicine Specialist is available for consultation with your healthcare provider.
What if you need a C-section?
- Should you require a Cesarean birth, we have two delivery suites on the same level for immediate response.
What if your baby needs special care?
- Our NICU team includes; three neonatologists, six neonatal nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, and specially trained nurses who ar available 24/7.
- We are prepared to assist your newborn and care for your precious bundle after birth in our specialized NICU.