Parents Reaching Out is a support group for parents of premature babies who have been in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). It was established in 2004 by parents of premature babies who felt a need and desire to help other families through the NICU experience.
- Create a common bond
- Share experiences
- Provide hope and encouragement
- Gain support from others who have had similar experiences
What they do:
- Reduce parental stress, depression and anxiety to enhance parent and infant interactions
- Offer resources and information
- Create door signs on infant doors to mark important milestones
- Celebrate holiday events: Easter Egg Hunt; Halloween party, complete with handmade preemie costumes and at Christmas, a visit from Santa. Siblings are included in all events
- Host scrapbooking sessions two - three times a week which allows families to take a break away from
- Raise public awareness regarding prematurity
- Work with the Nebraska Legislature to enact new laws and bills to help save babies
For more information, please call the Saint Elizabeth Foundation at 402-219-7052 Monday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. After hours, weekends or holidays, please contact the NICU at 402-219-7615.