Saint Elizabeth classes will help you progress through your pregnancy with the information you’ll need and the skills you’ll want so you and your baby have the best opportunities for a happy and healthy future.
Tour The Advanced Baby Center
Free tours are available for expectant parents making decisions about your hospital care as well as your labor and birth options. You can register online 24 hours a day.
Choose from the following times:
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Thursdays (1st and 3rd)
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Is your family expecting another baby?
Take a tour with your children to help the family prepare for the birth of their new sibling. Choose from the following tours. The fee includes a free Big Brother or Big Sister t-shirt for all children attending. You can register online 24 hours a day.
Saint Elizabeth offers a variety of educational classes to help you and your family during pregnancy, birth and parenting years. All childbirth classes are taught by nationally certified childbirth educators.
When to take classes?
Plan to take your classes during the third trimester of your pregnancy. Get out your calendar and decide when you can fit in your childbirth, breast-feeding and infant care and other classes. Then reserve your space now so you get your preferred days and times. For your convenience, you can register online.
If our childbirth and breastfeeding class schedule does not meet your needs, we now have online classes, so you learn in the comfort of your own home. Register online.
Why take prepared childbirth and Lamaze classes?
The best start for mothers and babies is a safe and healthy pregnancy and birth. You, your family, your health care provider and your Lamaze educator all work together to help you and your baby achieve a safe and healthy outcome. Attend class and learn specific healthy birth practices as well as what you can do to help you plan your special birth.
Click on a class below to learn more
CAR SEAT Fitting
EXERCISE Class: Pregnancy Exercise
INFANT CARE Class: Little Baby, Big Changes
Before you deliver your baby you’ll learn from lactation and breastfeeding specialists about basic techniques, building your milk supply, dad’s role in feedings, milk pumping techniques for anyone who will return to work or in other situations, as well as prevention and management of problems should they arise. Register online.
Car Seat Fitting
Saint Elizabeth offers a one-on-one car seat fitting with a certified car seat instructor. Schedule your appointment BEFORE your baby is born. Saint Elizabeth will not discharge your baby unless you have an approved car seat properly installed.
A correctly installed car seat can save your baby’s life. Don’t forget to tell grandma and grandpa to get car seats fitted for their upcoming adventures with baby! Each appointment is approximately 45 minutes in length and costs $25. For your convenience, you can register online. Choose from the following times:
Mondays 3:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Thursdays 11:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Childbirth and Lamaze Classes
Childbirth and lamaze classes can help calm any worries you might have, provide helpful skills and answer your many questions.
- Birth and Beyond: Eight week course taking a holistic approach to birth and parenting. Includes comprehensive childbirth preparation, infant care, and breastfeeding. Topics include: Anatomy of pregnancy, signs of labor, coping with labor, supporting mom through labor, the postpartum experience, newborn appearance and reflexes, daily care of your newborn, signs and symptoms of illness, breastfeeding, and infant CPR. Includes postpartum reunion. Register online
- Lamaze Express Plus: Two all-day Saturday sessions emphasize active participation of both partners and provides childbirth preparation. Learn a variety of childbirth techniques for relaxation, breathing and coping with labor. Other topics covered will be: medications/types of anesthesia, the labor and delivery process and postpartum care. Films are included. Discussion and practice time may be limited. Includes postpartum reunion. Register online
- Lamaze Express Plus: Four evening sessions emphasize active participation of both partners and provides childbirth preparation. Learn a variety of childbirth techniques for relaxation, breathing and coping with labor. Other topics covered will be: Medications/types of anesthesia, the labor and delivery process and postpartum care. Films are included. Discussion and practice time may be limited. Includes postpartum reunion. Register online
- Lamaze Plus: Six week course emphasizes active participation of both partners. Learn a variety of childbirth techniques for relaxation, breathing and coping with labor. Also medications/types of anesthesia, the process of labor and delivery and postpartum care. Films and time for discussion and practice are included. Includes postpartum reunion. Register online
- Lamaze Refresher: One night program to update you on labor-coping techniques and labor and delivery procedures. Register online
Having Multiples Class
Now that you are over the shock of knowing you will have more than one new baby in your family---it’s time to learn more! This three-night class gives you information on cesarean birth (C-sections), the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and helpful suggestions from parents in Lincoln's Multiples Club. Attend this class to learn more specifics about preparing for multiple births as well as helpful suggestions for breastfeeding and parenting more than one. Register online
Exercise Class: Pregnancy and Postpartum Exercise
You’ll feel better and have some fun learning safe and appropriate exercises to strengthen muscles and prepare your body for childbirth, to tone muscles to help regain your figure. You’ll learn from certified exercise instructors how to exercise on your own, during both pregnancy and afterward. Physician approval is required. Register online
Infant Care Class: Infant Care and CPR
Provides expectant parents with info you want to know: Baby care basics--bathing, diapering, holding, helping a fussy baby, breast and bottle feeding, circumcision--pros/cons, CPR for infants and children, car seat and home safety, and normal growth, development, and behavior.