Founded by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in 1889, this non-profit, faith-based care provider is also one of about 70 U.S. facilities affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI). CHI is a unique health system committed to promoting healthy communities through innovative programs, collaborations and partnerships.
Saint Elizabeth specializes in the treatment areas of newborn and pediatric care, women’s health, burn and wound, cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, orthopaedics and neuroscience.
Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center has held the prestigious designation as a Magnet hospital since 2004. Other recognitions include:
- ACR Accreditation - Radiology
- Blue Distinction Center - Bariatric Surgery
- Blue Distinction Center - Knee & Hipp Replacement
- Blue Distinction Center - Spine Surgery
- Silver Plus Award - Stroke Program
- The Joint Commission Accreditation
- The Joint Commission Double Gold Seal: Pre-Term Labor and Prematurity Certification