Saint Elizabeth Health Services began as a department with one person and has grown to five employees. Southeast Nebraska Mobile Diagnostic Services, Inc. (SENMDS) is an entity of Health Services. SENMDS currently has 16 employees.
Staff members include: Amy Thimm, RN, BSN, MSHSM, Rural Health Coordinator, Steve Van Hoosen, Telehealth Coordinator, Bobbie Parde, Secretary, and Ellen Egeberg, Office Coordinator.
Health Services currently contracts with two hospitals (Pawnee County Memorial Hospital/ Pawnee City, and Thayer County Health Services/Hebron) for the services of an administrator and various other support consultant services to assist in the operation of these facilities. Annie Jeffrey Memorial County Health Center/Osceola has an agreement with Saint Elizabeth Health Services for administrative or consultative services.
CAH Link, the critical access network, consists of nine facilities:
● Annie Jeffrey Memorial County Health Center, Osceola
● Fillmore County Hospital, Geneva
● Johnson County Hospital, Tecumseh
● Litzenberg Memorial County Hospital, Central City
● Pawnee County Memorial Hospital, Pawnee City
● St. Mary’s Hospital, Nebraska City
● Thayer County Health Services, Hebron
● Warren Memorial Hospital, Friend
● St. Anthony’s Hospital, O’Neil
• Falls City Community Medical Center, Falls City
• Jefferson Community Health Center, Fairbury
• Aurora Memorial Hospital, Aurora
• Howard County Community Hospital, St. Paul
CAH Link is a 501(c)(3) corporation funded through SHIP and FLEX grants. By combining the grant monies from each facility, CAH Link is able to provide services to these facilities such as the services of the Rural PI Coordinator, telehealth opportunities and programs as TeamStepps, leadership classes and education programs.
As Health Services grows, a new direction for the department is Rural Health Strategy which will expand services and acquaint us with areas other than southeast Nebraska.