Serving Our Community for more than 120 Years
Sr. Theresia Bonzel, head of Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration and founder of Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln.
For more information on the colorful history of Saint Elizabeth Hospital, with photos, click here.
Regional Medical Center
Today, at Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center, we consider it a privilege to note that their rich traditions, values and original mission have been nurtured within us for more than a century. As the Lincoln area's first hospital, patients continue to receive care physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Our 264-bed medical center focuses on delivering the highest quality health care to our patients in an environment that promotes healing, encourages spirituality, and supports the dedication our associate/employees demonstrate daily.
We further enhance our status as a faith-based medical center serving Lincoln and surrounding communities, via our affiliation with Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI). We are a not-for-profit facility.
Our Health System
The current Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center:
- A network of Family Practice or Internal Medicine clinics, including 3 stand-alone urgent care centers and 4 off-site physical therapy clinics all located in Lincoln, Nebraska or surrounding area.
- A network of primary care and specialty practice physicians
- 429 physicians with privileges at the medical center
- A Cardiovascular Rehab Center
- A full range of radiology and angiography services
- A Wellness Center
- All provide exceptional patient care and health education using today's latest technology, for our community and all delivered by quality, trained and friendly people!