The Only Magnet Hospital in Lincoln
What does a Magnet Hospital provide for the residents of Lincoln and the surrounding communities?
- A hospital where patient care is determined by the highest standards in nursing
The Standards are established by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- A facility that has been through a rigorous review by nursing experts
Three or four appraisers interview hundreds of patients, staff, physicians and the public during a three – five day review.
- Clinical outcomes and the nurse satisfaction scores that validate the use of the ANCC standards
Patients experience high-quality, compassionate care, some refer to it as the “Saint Elizabeth difference.”
- An environment that focuses on patient safety
Magnet Hospitals have fewer pressure ulcers, fewer patient falls and lower mortality rates.
- Surveys that consistently show high Patient Satisfaction scores
Consumers are confident and very satisfied with the care they receive.
- The practice of evidence-based care
The latest research determines the best methods for delivering care to patients.
- An entire Medical Center that believes in providing the highest quality of care
All departments deliver care that is beyond what is expected.
- An institution where continuing professional development is expected
Nurses are committed to increasing their knowledge to help the entire patient care team.
Did you know?
- Less than eight percent of all U.S. community hospitals have achieved Magnet status
- We are one of only five magnet hospitals in Nebraska
- Saint Elizabeth is the only Magnet hospital in Lincoln